Assignment 2: Ecotect Analysis

For my analysis, I was interested in stepped structure.
I thought having wider spaces on upper floors with more windows would maximize the natural light into the building. I first did shadow studies to see how deep the light penetrates into each floor during different season.

And then, I tested PAR values during spring, summer, and winter. Based on the results, I didn't get much of natural light than I expected.
Therefore, I decided to have sky light that is open to below in order to bring more light into the lower floors as well.

As I assumed, I was able to get much higher PAR values on each floor, and much wider spaces were covered by natural light. Although, I got lower PAR values during winter with the sky light, more light was permeated into the building and lit more spaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment